FAQ – How it Works
✓ Step 1: Register a Team
- Envirothon advisors can be teachers, environmental professionals, or community members.
- To sign up, simply form a team of 5 students (who are enrolled in grades 9-12) and complete the registration form found on our website.
- The deadline for registration varies by year, please contact us at CTEnvirothon@gmail.com for more information.
✓ Step 2: (Optional) Attend Workshops on our core topics!
- If you’re a part of a registered team or would like more information about Envirothon’s core topics, please contact us to register for our Workshops. There is traditionally one in the fall, winter, and early spring. Each workshop is hands-on, led by environmental professionals, and focused around one or two of our core topics! Please check our website: http://ctenvirothon.org/ for the exact dates, times and location information.
Please note: The 2021-22 CT Envirothon workshops will be in material ‘kit’ form, deliveries will be coordinated with your local conservation district.
✓ Step 3: Compete in the Statewide Field Day Competition
- Teams from all over Connecticut gather at the competition location and test their knowledge of wildlife, aquatics, forestry, and soils through various stations. Students also present on that specific year’s current issue topic.
- The overall winner of Connecticut Envirothon will advance to the NCF National Envirothon Competition held in the summer (https://envirothon.org/).
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please contact our Program Coordinator at CTEnvirothon@gmail.com